Daily Current Affairs are incorporated with the important news that made the current affairs headlines for banking or other competitive exams. Daily Current Affairs is the complete bag of the important news that held all day long. One should have complete knowledge about banking terms, current affairs news, etc. So, here is the Current affairs of 01 June 2021 to help you prepare the Current affairs part.
Read Hindi Version – Click Here
1-PM Modi announces Rs 10 Lakh PM CARES Fund for kids orphaned due to COVID-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a number of welfare measures for children who lost their parents to COVID-19.
- All children who have lost either both parents or surviving parents or legal guardians or adoptive parents due to COVID-19 will be supported under PM-CARES for Children scheme.
- The government has announced the “PM-CARES for Children” scheme under which fixed deposits will be opened in the names of such children from the PM-CARES fund.
- The total corpus of the fund will be Rs 10 lakh for each child.
- The Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Education has launched a new initiative called ‘YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors’. YUVA stands for Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors.
- It is an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors, below 30 years of age to promote reading, writing and book culture in the country, and project India and Indian writings globally.
- The National Book Trust, India under the Ministry of Education will be the Implementing Agency for the scheme.
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest, that will be conducted through https://www.mygov.in/ from 1 June – 31 July 2021.
- The young winning authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors.
- A consolidated scholarship of Rs.50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a fine of Rs 10 crore on HDFC Bank for deficiencies in regulatory compliance found in the auto loan portfolio of the bank.
- As per the RBI, HDFC Bank has violated the provisions of section 6(2) and section 8 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- After receiving a complaint from a whistleblower, RBI conducted an examination in the marketing and sale of third-party non-financial products to the bank’s auto loan customers and found that the bank was in contravention of regulatory directions.
- RBI has imposed the monetary penalty in the exercise of powers vested by the central bank under the provisions of Section 47A(1)(c) read with Section 46(4)(i) of the Banking Regulation Act.
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has constituted a group of ministers (GoM) in order to decide on the rates of COVID-19 relief material. Currently, 5% GST is levied on domestically manufactured vaccines, while it is 12% for COVID drugs and oxygen concentrators. Alcohol-based sanitisers, hand wash, disinfectants and thermometers attract 18% GST.
- An eight-member ministerial panel under the Meghalaya chief minister Conrad K Sangma to consider Goods and Services Tax (GST) exemptions on a range of Covid-19 essentials such as vaccines, drugs, testing kits and ventilators.
- According to its terms of reference, the GoM will examine the need for GST concession or exemption on Covid vaccines, drugs and medicines for Covid treatment, testing kits for Covid detection, medical-grade oxygen, pulse oximeters, hand sanitisers, oxygen therapy instruments (concentrators, generators and ventilators), PPE kits, N95 masks, surgical masks, temperature checking thermometers and any other items required for Covid relief.
- Indian pugilist Mary Kom, lost to two-time world champion Nazym Kyzaibay of Kazakhstan, to settle for silver medal at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai.
- The five-time Asian Championships gold medallist Mary Kom was competing in a high-octane 51kg final.
- This is the second silver for Mary Kom at the Asian Championships who has previously won silver in 2008. Apart from this, she won world championship titles on five occasions including 2003, 2005, 2010, 2012, and 2017.
- Meanwhile, Pooja Rani won the gold medal in the 75kg Women’s Middle category final at the Asian Boxing Championships. She defeated Mavluda Movlonova in the gold medal clash.
- The UAE government awarded Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt with its Golden Visa. The Golden Visa system essentially offers long-term residency to people with outstanding talents.
- In 2019, UAE implemented a new system for long-term residence visas enabling foreigners to live, work & study there without the need of a national sponsor & with 100% ownership of their business.
- As per reports, Sanjay Dutt is the first mainstream to receive the Golden Visa. The visas have a validity of either 5 or 10 years and are renewed automatically.